Tuesday 9 September 2014

#GIRLBOSS - BOOK REVIEW


#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso

This book has been on my radar since its release. But I finally brought it last week whilst in London with work. To poor for some retail therapy, I decided to treat myself to a book instead (far more cost effective). I was so hooked within the first few sentences; I read 70% of it just on the train ride home. 

The book is about the inspiring Sophia Amoruso CEO of fashion brand and boutique Nasty Gal, who in 7 years built her business from selling vintage clothing on ebay, to a $100 million business that employee 350 staff. Her story is truly inspiring, and as someone who has always thought of starting their own business to me Sophia proves that if you put your all into a business, it is 'simple' (I use that term loosely) to make it a success. Of course it isn't literary 'that simple' but it is a lot simpler to start than you may have first thought. All you need is passion, sweat and a good idea.

The book is really easy to read and filled with great inspirational quotes. I won't go into much detail about her story, as I don't want to spoil it, but this book is perfect for anyone that needs a bit of inspiration and a kick up the arse to do something.

 I have picked out some of the inspiring quotes that I wanted to share with you. They are simple life statements, but really have touched a nerve with where I am at the moment with life:

"Be better and be different"

"There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure"

Money looks better in the bank than on your feet"

"Create your own magic"

"Treat your mind like money - don't waste it"

No one is lucky, they create it themselves"

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

"Working in fashion isn't an extended trip to the mall"

"#GIRLBOSS gets what she wants because she works for it"



Are you a #GIRLBOSS? Watch this space.

Hanna <<3xx p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...